Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Mixed Media - Dreams - Art Journal Page #6

I have made a new Art Journal page and I also filmed it this time. I have decided that I'll try and upload a new art journal video every Tuesday from now on. Not sure how it will work out, but I will be doing my best. I an trying to get a bit ahead of things a make videos a week in advance so that I have some unpublished videos that I can upload when I don't have the time to make new ones. So hopefully this will work out.

I usually always make a whole spread when I create in my art journal, but this time I didn't really feel like making two pages. So I decided that I would just do the right side if the spread and I am really happy with the way my page turned out.



As usual when I create in my journal I don't have any plan whatsoever when I start. I just do whatever I feel like and see where it leads me. A lot of the times I don't really like the finished product, but I feel like I have accomplished something as long as I am still creating. And every now and then I like the result and to be honest these days I tend to be pretty pleased with most of my pages. Although I do tend to like my own pages a lot less when I look at the work made by all of the amazing crafters out there. But at the same time I know that I can't compare my work to others and I just have to look at my own progress and go from there.

I used a lot of different products for this page and I mixed both spray inks, modeling paste and gesso on here. For once I actually didn't use any acrylic paints which made the progress a lot faster since I didn't really have to wait for the paint to dry all the time.

I also filmed a tutorial for this art journal page that you can find on my YouTube channel or here below.

YouTube Video:



-----------------
Products used:
(Some of the products I have used are no longer available, but I have tried to find similar products that may work instead.)

----------------
I also entered this page to the following challenges:
Inkspirational

2 comments:

  1. This is one fabulous background - all those colors and texture!!! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful and you should be proud of it! The colours are beautifully blended. I hope you keep this up every week as it will be great to see this. Sp pleased you joined us at Ink, I always love your creative projects x

    ReplyDelete