Sunday, October 5, 2014

Baby shower - Diaper cake

I haven't had the time do make any new cards or art journal pages this week, but I have a few projects ready to be uploaded during the following week now. Just need to finish some editing and then I am ready to go.

Until then I wanted to share something I did for a baby shower this weekend. I have never been on a baby shower before and I really wanted to make something fun for the mother to be. I decided on making a diaper cake and started looking on the internet for inspiration. And I have to say I am pretty pleased with the way the cake turned out. And it was so fun to make and I would love to make more of these so bring on the babies everyone ;)


I made it from about 120 diapers, a few flowers, ribbons, a cute hat, some baby onesies and two pair of socks. I realized after I was finished that I put the two top layers the wrong way and those diapers are turned the opposite way than the lower ones, but I guess most people wouldn't even notice that anyway so it's probably not a big deal.

Here is a closeup of the "cupcake" at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment